[Sca-cooks] OOP: Report on coconut custard pie experiment

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 16 18:38:44 PDT 2004

Today I made two versions of the coconut custard pie, identical except for
the liquid. In one I used coconut milk, in the other I used commercial
vanilla-flavored almond milk. The coconut milk custard had, as you might
expect, a very subtle coconut flavor. Surprisingly, the almond milk custard
tasted very eggy -- and will become the base for a plain custard pie.
(Adamantius -- I ended up using 2 whole eggs and 3 yolks.) I still have a
little tweaking to do to, probably next week, and I promise I'll post the
recipe when it's done.

Cynara