[Sca-cooks] poppyseeds?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 17 21:04:38 PDT 2004

Brighid commented:
> > There's a recipe for a hand/face cream in the Manual de Mugeres which
> > includes poppyseed OIL as one of its ingredients.
>
> cool. medieval botox

> No, more like medieval Pond's Skin Cream.
>
> It's based primarily on lard melted with some assorted oils and a touch
> of wax.  I've made it, and it's actually quite effective, and does not
> feel greasy.
>
> Brighid ni Chiarain

Spoontease. :-)

Please, what are the original recipe and your redaction? I've looked in
where I think I have any Manual De Mugeres recipes and redactions,
which is this file, and there doesn't seem to be any handcream in
there.
Man-d-Mujeres-art (12K)  4/19/01    Selected redactions from the
"Manual de
                                        Mujeres" by Lady Serian.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/Man-d-Mujeres-art.html

I also have these two other files on handcream, but that particular
recipe isn't in these either.
Handcream-art     (16K)  6/ 5/00    "Handcream" by Constance de LaRose.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/Handcream-art.html
handcream-msg      (9K)  2/10/97    Medieval lotions and handcreams.
recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/handcream-msg.html

Stefan
--------