[Sca-cooks] Re: [EKCooksGuild] Trial by Fire competition

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jun 22 22:11:54 PDT 2004

Phlip asked:
> > On 22 Jun 2004, at 0:19, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> >> Ooooh. Sigh. After seeing "To create a period dish under the
> >> conditions
> >> found at the PENNSIC WAR", I had the idea that this was going to be
> >> *at* the Pennsic War and I was getting set to put it on my Pennsic
> >> calender and at least going over and watching it.
> >
> > I had the same reaction, Stefan.  Bummer.
>
> So, if we're that interested, why don't we do it?
Do which?
1) Put it on my calendar and come by and watch:
   Certainly possible depending on when. Someone has to organize it and
publicize it, though.
2) Cook on a team:
   Possibly. But not unless I had a stack of reference materials to work
from. I'm not that good coming up with period recipes off the top of my
head. Maybe my palm pilot with the Florilegium on the flash card. :-)
But considering the talent evident at the SCA-Cooks pot luck there are
more talented folks available. I'm rather in awe of the dishes I see
being turned out in the various iron-chef contests detailed here.
3) Judge it:
   Sure. I like to eat. :-)
4) Organize it:
   Remember last year's Florilegium Tile Project? Some nice entries, but
hardly a rousing turnout. And it is even later in the year now.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com