[Sca-cooks] long pepper?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 24 14:07:50 PDT 2004

Long pepper (Piper longum) is a South Asian pepper related to black pepper
(Piper nigrum).  It was imported in Antiquity along with black pepper. and
the trade continued into the Middle Ages.  There are some recipes which call
for it specifically.  I seems to have lost some of its popularity in the
Renaissance.

Bear