[Sca-cooks] Blacksmith Cordial- was- Re: Long Peper

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Jun 25 04:53:08 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> No sugar or sweetener?
> --maire, with 3 (extra-large) orphan bottles of vodka that *neeeeeed* to
> be made into something!

I suppose you could add it, if you wanted to, but it really isn't needed.
I'm not a big fan of sweetening, and for whatever reason, the ingredients
themselves tend to help give it that more viscous mouth feel and thickening
that most people want in their cordials.

Dunno why, but for some reason, Americans have been getting into that
sweet/hot combo, from the looks of all the honey mustards on the shelves. I
tend to want my sweetening, when I want it, in things like straight candy or
dessert stuff, and leave me real food savory.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.