[Sca-cooks] need a little help with uses for rosewater

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 26 12:08:35 PDT 2004

Finne asked:
> and I picked up  (amongst others) a bottle of rosewater, remembering
> that it was used in several recipes but now I can't find any anymore
> ;(
> and the florilegium rosewater file is about how to make it, not when
> to use it ;(
> anybody got any hints for uses?
I'm glad you thought of the Florilegium for this. Yes, the
rosewater-msg file is mostly on sources for and how to make rosewater.
The reason for this is that rosewater actually gets used in *a lot* of
medieval recipes and the rosewater-msg file is already pretty large as
it is.

Rosewater is usually not the main ingredient in a recipe, so I don't
have a file of recipes organized around rosewater. However, if you go
to the top page of the Florilegium and use the search engine with
"rosewater recipe" you will get 424 hits. Glancing through these, most
are recipes that use rosewater.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas