[Sca-cooks]dressing up period rice pudding

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 10:08:40 PDT 2004

If we are talking about a small feast or potluck and if you garden (or bop off to a home depot type store & purchase plants to harvest flowers), how about a few calendula (pot marigolds~yellow) & perhaps a few carnation pinks (red or garnet) for garnish?  Perhaps even some feverfew (tiny white daisies with yellow centers)....

Samrah
who got to feed their Majesties appetizer plates garnished with mint, red roses, raddish flowers, pinks, feverfew, & nutmeg geraniums (OOP), just this Sunday....  The Crown requested rather simple foods, so the faire was rather plain, with the exception of some dolmas: shreaded beef, ham baked with cinnamon & black pepper, & lemon chicken, cheeses, fruits, breads...  But I had a couple of really talented helpers, and we had a lovely time making sure the presentation was regal...

Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Any ideas on how to dress it up some for a pot luck or feast dish? Sprinkle
>slivered almonds on the recipes calling for almond milk? Of course any rice
>pudding with saffron in it would have a gold or yellow tinge or color.
>
>Stefan

Stefan, your a genius! You just gave me the greatest idea to play with. My
poor tired mind just woke up and took interest! Gee I hope this wild idea
works. Gotta talk to Alainne and Hans.....
Olwen who wishes Morningstar were here too.