[Sca-cooks] Tienda's wine pitchers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 00:04:18 PST 2004

  Daniel commented:
> Was written:
> > Tienda is an excellent place to shop. I have a bunch of these,
> assorted
> > sizes and shapes, and they are great. Just be careful not to bang
> them about
> > too much, because the glaze will chip.
>
> I reaaly liked the look of thier wine pitchers, do you think they might
> Sell them without sangria written on the side?
I wonder if this "Sangria" text was added just for the tourists? Or
does "Sangria" really a Spanish word for a particular wine? Or a wine
with fruit added? Still, I'm not sure it is something they would add to
the pitcher for themselves.

Tienda does seem to get most of their stuff directly from Spain. I've
gotten quince paste from them, which was good and paprika which I
thought was pretty mild, even the "hot" version and a few other items.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com