[Sca-cooks] Stefan's files for March

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 13:11:42 PST 2004

  Selene asked:
> I wanted to see if my anecdote was in this file, but I could not find
> it
> it FOOD-MEATS.  [I'll cop to egoscanning here.]  Am I missing something
> obvious or is something missing?
Nope, you aren't missing anything but the file. As alluded to in my
message, there are several files that aren't on the site yet because
they hadn't been uploaded before the server crashed. And right now,
there is a problem with FTP access so I can't upload the new files.
There is another way to upload individual files one at a time, but it
is slower and more cumbersome. However, I may resort to that if I can't
get a hold of my web host and get the FTP straightened out. If the
problem is password related, which has happened before, I can't use the
slow method either.

I have sent you (Selene) a copy of this file in RTF format.

I think I know which message Selene is referring to. She has mentioned
it several times and I moved one of her messages from an older file
when creating this one. I have pasted it below.

Stefan

> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > Under FOOD-MEATS:>    pig-heads-msg        Cooking, displaying or
> otherwise working
> >                            with pig’s heads. Real and artificial.

> Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 18:30:41 -0700
> From: Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: SC - What to do with the head
>
> This reminds me of a cook's jape I committed upon a royal personage
> some years
> past.  The concept was not original with me, I heard of a similar
> incident long
> ago and far away, and decided to commit it anew.
>
> Knowing the timid tastes of our populace, instead of an actual Boar's
> Head we
> served pies of mincemeat to the populace and a paste replica of a
> Boar's Head
> to the High Table with mincemeat inside.  The head was capped with a
> gilded
> Crown, so I bore the Boar to the King Guy, exhorting him to de-crown
> the
> pretender and begin the sweet course.  The king graciously did so.
> Being a
> good little herald-cook, I announced it to the crowd.
>
> "The King has the brains of a Pig!"
>
> King Guy looks at me.  I look at him.
>
> "I have an amendment to the previous announcement.  The King does NOT
> have the
> brains of a Pig!"
>
> King Guy looks at me.  I look at him.
>
> "I'm leaving while I still have MY head," quoth I, and did so with all
> speed.
>
> Selene
> cook, herald and unemployed jester
--------