[Sca-cooks] Period Seaweed Recipes?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 6 14:27:03 PST 2004

I like to eat seaweed. I first discovered it in 1967 when people i
knew were "Macrobiotic". Since then i've found more kinds than i knew
about back then - back then i found wakame, hijiki, kombu (kelp), and
nori - all Japanese.

So now i'm curious. Does anyone know of SCA period recipes using
seaweed? I'm thinking of seaweed primarily as a "vegetable", but
recipes using agar to make something gel or other uses of seaweed
would also be interesting.

European, non-European, i don't care where they're from.

Anahita