[Sca-cooks] Saffron source

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 08:20:01 PST 2004

Just had to let the cooks out there know about this,
if they don't already.
www.saffron.com
They are a saffron retailer, they sell saffron for $38
per ounce or $22 per half ounce, shipping included.  I
recently bought 1/2 ounce from them.  I was ready to
recieve some crap (for that price I could put up with
it).  But no, what I recieved was 1/2 ounce of the
reddest, most fragrant saffron I have ever had in my
kitchen.  This stuff is dynamite, it is absolutely
everything that they claim it is on their website.  I
ate a single stigma and had the saffron taste in my
mouth for half an hour and a yellow tongue.
If you are doing a feast with a saffron dish or just
want some for home it is well worth checking out.
Seriously good stuff.
Helewyse