[Sca-cooks] Fw: [SCAFoodandFeasts] Food Network

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Mar 26 13:33:31 PST 2004

Well, well, well ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Master Huen" <masterhuen at godecookery.com>
To: "SCAFoodandFeasts" <SCAFoodandFeasts at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 3:39 PM
Subject: [SCAFoodandFeasts] Food Network

> My apprentice, Lady Tomasia da Collivento, and I will be appearing on the
Food Network series "The Secret Life of..." We'll be on the episode "The
Secret Life of Sandwiches" and will be explaining the history of trenchers.
I'll be on an additional episode, "The Secret Life of Cookies," talking
about (what else) my Springerle Goode Cookys.

> Taping took place this past Wed. The series premieres on June 8th and runs
for 13 weeks. They'll probably show our bit while everyone's at Pennsic!

> Taping went really well, though I think Tomasia & I were both dealing with
the nervous jitters! She did a great job, & I'm proud to be her master.

> Of course, there's already a webpage up with photos and info from the
taping. It's at:

> http://www.godecookery.com/godeboke/foodtv/foodtv.html
>
> When I was asked if I knew a medieval food expert in the Los Angeles area,
I recommended Dame Selene Colfox (Susan Fox-Davis), and I'm happy to hear
that Food Network will be taping her in April for the episode "The Secret
Life of Pies." She'll have to tell you the rest!

> Thanks for letting us share this with you,
> Huen

> Please try to edit/snip messages when posting replies and change subject
line when changing or expanding on the topic.