[Sca-cooks] Wafer Irons for Sale

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 4 23:56:57 PST 2004

Kiri commented:
> Actually, you can go to their web site (www.tuesdaymornings.com) and
> they have a store locater.  I discovered that there are about 9 of them
> within about 50 miles of where I live...of course, there's also nothing
> closer than about 40 miles!  :-(
first, I want to thank Christianna for the heads-up on the wafer irons.
I think we get the Tuesday Morning mailings, although that may have
just been at the old address. I'm not sure if I can find the latest one
right now. I really wish they would put the latest flyer on their
website.

I actually found the website before I saw it here. I guess I should
have read the next digest. I really thought that, considering the name,
a web search would create oodles and oodles of extraneous links, but
that wasn't the case. I did find, using their store finder, that there
are two within five miles of me. I used to go by the one on the
southwest side of town when I lived down there, but hadn't looked for
the ones up here.

Anyway, since tomorrow (later today?) is a vacation day for me, I'll
give those two stores a call and see if they have the pizzelle/wafer
irons. If they do, and folks are willing to pay the postage, I am
willing to buy them for anyone who doesn't have a Tuesday Morning store
close to them and then mail them to you.

I haven't seen these yet, so I don't know how good the quality is. But
the one that I bought several years ago has already lost one or more of
its plastic legs and it cost me at least twice as much as this one.

And for those wondering what these things are used for, and what it has
to do with medieval food, see this file in the FOOD-BREADS section of
the Florilegium:
wafers-msg        (76K) 12/ 4/03    Period savory and sweet wafers.
Recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas