[Sca-cooks] Fine Spice, Good Spice, Sporty Spice

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Mar 7 09:13:23 PST 2004

I always figured such labels were the medieval and renaissance
equivalent of modern labels such as "pie spice," "Italian seasoning,"
and Mrs. Dash.
--maire, laughing at the idea of medieval spice girls, and picturing
this set of bobble-head dolls done as different members of SCA-Cooks,
each dressed in an outfit from a different time & culture (although His
Grace would have to have some sort of sign--perhaps as tiraz bands?
saying that saffron was a scribal error....)