[Sca-cooks] Cardamom?

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sun Mar 7 11:04:08 PST 2004

> One of the things I truly love about the SCA is the wide range of things
> I can learn from others... *G*
>
> I was showing someone how to sew the other day, and was also doing a
> "Don't do (something) - never mind how I know this, but believe me, I
> do..." so I get to share knowledge, too. Wonderful, isn't it?
>
> Back to the original subject... There aren't a whole lot of Northern
> cookbooks to look in...  I have downloaded Kogebog, though, and will
> look. Any idea of the spelling of cardamom in Danish? I'd also wondered
> if it was as typical of Scandinavian cooking then as it is now.

Anyone thought to ask "Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir" <nannar at isholf.is>?

If anyone of our aquaintance would know the ins and outs of Scandinavian, or
at the very least Icelandic, cooking it would seem to me that she would.
She might be able to answer so questions regards modern seaweed recipes as
well.

Daniel