[Sca-cooks] wafers

Alex Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Mon Mar 8 02:41:46 PST 2004

At 02:14 PM 3/7/2004 -0500,Beathog wrote:
>My question is, what should we serve with them?  Snow is mentioned, which we
>might like to try.  But, I recall someone, on this list,  offering several
>other suggestions, but I can't find this posting.  Does anyone recall?  I
>believe
>lemon curd was one, but what else?  I appreciate any suggestions.

At the risk of saying the obvious, ypocras. :-)

Some other things that are good to serve with ypocras and wafers are:
pears, figs, raisins or grapes, medlars, peeled walnuts, almonds in comfit,
spices in comfit, and lait lardes. (This list is mainly from Menagier de
Paris menus.)

Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark