[Sca-cooks] Poudre Fine / Fine Spices

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 11:39:19 PST 2004

>I picked up my e-mail this morning and, Wow! Such a wealth of information
>and sources and resources! This list can be truly amazing (when we're not
>talking about jelly beans and Mario Nebbits and Lutheran binder).
>OK, so i was a slacker yesterday. So sue me! I didn't check my e-mail
>beyond the early AM. Instead, I went to see "Hidalgo" and then have dinner
>with an SCA friend. Afterwards, i came home i worked on a project to make
>gifties for our Queen's "Treasure Chest". And when i tired of that, i had
>this unaccountable urge to read... fiction! I haven't read any fiction in
>several years and i don't have any novels i have i've already read (part of
>the problem is i read fiction too fast so it often isn't worth it to me to
>spend the money for something i'll finish in an hour or two). Oh, well.
>
>Back to work.
>
>Anahita

Yes, I have been facinated by how many variations of the recipe there seem
to be, as well.  I would love to read your final work, I hope you post it
here on the list or in the Florilegium after the competition.
Between bouts of being sick and dreaming up ideas for the soltie that
Nichola requested, I also managed to go see Hidalgo yesterday.  Great
visuals and a very entertaining and informative film.
Olwen