[Sca-cooks] Poudre Fine / Fine Spices

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 8 10:52:50 PST 2004

I picked up my e-mail this morning and, Wow! Such a wealth of
information and sources and resources! This list can be truly amazing
(when we're not talking about jelly beans and Mario Nebbits and
Lutheran binder).

I have six recipes so far, some having more than one variation either
in the original source or the scholarly interpretation, dating from
1324 to 1607. Four i had found on my own in materials in my personal
library or on the internet - and some of those sources are courtesy
of people on this very list. The two additional recipes came purely
through this list. I am indebted to the folks here, regardless of how
i do in the competition.

I have not had a chance to incorporate all the info that was e-mailed
yesterday and today into my research, and there may be some
additional recipes or sources.

OK, so i was a slacker yesterday. So sue me! I didn't check my e-mail
beyond the early AM. Instead, I went to see "Hidalgo" and then have
dinner with an SCA friend. Afterwards, i came home i worked on a
project to make gifties for our Queen's "Treasure Chest". And when i
tired of that, i had this unaccountable urge to read... fiction! I
haven't read any fiction in several years and i don't have any novels
i have i've already read (part of the problem is i read fiction too
fast so it often isn't worth it to me to spend the money for
something i'll finish in an hour or two). Oh, well.

Back to work.

Anahita