[Sca-cooks] Cardamom?

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Mar 8 17:27:37 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> "And let him use these pills that are good for all manner of stinking of
> the mouth: Take of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and mace, eight drams; of red
> sandlewood, ten drams; of quibibis, seven drams; of cardamom, five drams.
> Mix them with the juice of mint and make pills of the size of a fig. And
> let him to have two of them under either side of his tongue at once."
>
> -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa,

Were figs in period smaller than those that grow now? Because all the fresh
figs I've seen are roughly the size of a hen's egg- if someone were to
follow this recipe (which I admit would probably be fairly effective) they'd
look like a chipmunk...

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well
please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke