[Sca-cooks] Drachma Weight

mtraber251 at earthlink.net mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 9 05:49:14 PST 2004

I would think that similar to today, you have the sack of powdered spices, and the vessel of wine for the hippocras and you grab a spoon and dig in. I would think that if you make hippocras for your master on a reasonably regular basis, you know how much spice it needs. I certainly dont do an exact measure when i am making mulled wine or cider..i grab my spice blend and a spoon or pour the powder into my palm to measure it. i *know* how much is right my experience...i think i actually measured it one or 2 times, then got the hang of the recipe=)

--
Aruvqan, nicknamed Margali