[Sca-cooks] food and heraldry

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 9 10:51:00 PST 2004

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> I had to quickly delete Selene's email and now I find myself writing
> instead of deleting yours, Cailte.  I shudder and my eyes spin around
> in different directions when I hear or read about food and heraldry.
> Heck, I even responded that way when a call came out for all the
> Atlantian Baronies to bring or supply heraldry for Coronation.  I am,
> on the other hand, quite interested in what you will be doing though,
> Selene.  Can you give us some more information or would you prefer to
> wait till after?  Do you have a handout of any sort?  It sounds like
> you are not just doing marzipan madness.
> Olwen

Averting thy eyes?  Well, don't!

Yes, I'll be covering Food in Heraldry and Heraldry in Food as well.

I didn't have the bee skep on my list, thanks for that!

Marzipan has been done before and not by me... Could you give me the URL
for your Atlantian Baronies photos please?  I'd like to show our kids
some really intimidating pictures.  Bwahahaha.

So this time I thought that period materials would be the order of the
day, trying to set a good example and all that.  Food coloring tints in
herbal materials are tough to keep the same color throughout the day,
but bits of leaves and flower petals should do the trick, I'm hoping.
 Farmers' Market is the same morning so I can get food-grade flowers as
fresh as can be.

Selene Colfox
selene at earthlink.net