[Sca-cooks] Drachma Weight

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Mar 9 13:07:17 PST 2004

> Cook figures they'll need a pound Troy of grains total for the banquet.
> Apothecary issues a pound Troy of grains.

Actually, the spices would have been bought by the Steward and issued to
the Cook for the day's recipes.

If the spices were not issued individually for each recipe (and thus
measured by the Steward or his staff), I suspect they would have been
divided up 'by eye'.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It is no use telling me that there are bad aunts and good aunts.
At the  core, they are all alike. Sooner or later, out pops the
cloven hoof." -- P.G. Wodehouse, _The Code of the Woosters_