[Sca-cooks] OT- Unemployment, Dogs, Glucosamine, was: Bohemian peas

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Mar 9 15:06:19 PST 2004

At 02:51 PM 3/9/2004, you wrote:
>There is a lot of this going around, I got my first paycheck for my new
>job today. The first paycheck in  a year of being unemployed but
>ineligible for unemployment. The new job pays about half of the old one.
>My husband has been disabled for 15 months, and was just turned down for
>the second time by SS disb.  Time for a lawyer, I guess. Good luck with
>the job hunting.
>Ranvaig

I'm currently in appeals with SSI, and yes I have a lawyer. I'm told that
they routinely turn you down the first time, and frequently the second. You
have to really mean it before they let you in. (Not that it's a cash cow-
the $$ is ridiculously low, and the income restrictions are too- if you're
married and your spouse works at all, you probably have too much.)

Life really bites sometimes.

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918