[Sca-cooks] Food art and a question

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 10 19:46:20 PST 2004

Rays and skates are often found in shallow water feeding and they are
edible.  They can be hooked, harpooned, netted or taken by hand.

I think the ones shown in the Aertsen painting are skates because the
pectoral fins join the head.  On rays, the pectoral fins are set further
back and there is a head distinct from the fins.  I also think that there
are dried (probably air dried like lutefisk).

Bear