[Sca-cooks] Food art and a question

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 06:11:30 PST 2004

Rays are deep water, but they also really enjoy getting warmed by the sun.
Rays and skates will come up to a shoreline and burrow under the sand at the
waters edge.  I can't tell you the number of times I have been walking along
the shoreline and suddenly thrown off my feet when I stepped on a ray or
skate.  It's rather un-nerving till you actually just get used to it.  If
you look for them, you can see their eyes or the tails and no other part of
them.  They are very beautiful to see swimming, or gliding along.  I have
seen some that were well over 6 feet across.
Olwen