[Sca-cooks] Candy question, mostly...

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Mar 15 12:02:07 PST 2004

There's this excellent book called Oh, Fudge that does the history
and  food chemistry of fudge.
 From Amazon
Oh Fudge! : A Celebration of America's Favorite Candy
by Lee Edwards Benning
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books&field-author=Benning%2C%20Lee%20Edwards/102-0475445-1119349>
(Author)
Harold McGee does some things on it.
Shirley Corroher discusses it also in Cookwise.
There are a number of factors that influence the outcome depending on
what you are starting with and what you want as the final product.
I'll look but I don't know that I can distill everything into a
paragraph or two.

Johnnae llyn Lewis