[Sca-cooks] Fishy things

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 16 14:55:17 PST 2004

Oh, contraire, gravlax is a delicate balance of sugar, salt, congac and
dill, no vinegar involved!  I think herring is sort of beneath the process
myself, but it might be interesting if herring is what you have!
There used to be a restaurant here that served creamed herring (with onions)
and ginger snap cookies.  It sounds bad, but man-o-man was it delicious.
Christianna

>I'm working up fishy things.  Can you do "gravlax" processing to herring
>fillets instead?  I'm just not in the mood for vinegared fish.
>Whatever I come up with today will be available for sampling tomorrow eve,
>along with corned beast, Irish coffee, etc.
>
>Evylle Boss Selene

Herring is fish, and if you gravlax it it will be vinegard fish.  If your
not in the mood for vinegared fish, why not make pickled beef?
Olwen who wants some of that Irish coffee.