[Sca-cooks] Splenda, was Pattern welding meets cooking. . .

M. Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 18 08:41:33 PST 2004

I dont have aspartame problems, but I adore splenda...which i now use at
home exclusively.

To me [and others] AcetaK/Sunette/Diabetisweet tastes like vinyl coated
with sweetness. It also seems to have a slight licorice flavor like stevia.

I would *love* to be able to buy cheap levelose....There is a commercial
candyiers version that is mixed with something else, comes as a
syrup...but it is mixed with something we can digest so it isnt totally
null in calories=(

Kirsten Houseknecht wrote:

>just as a note..
>Sucralose, sold under the trade name "Splenda" (wonderful stuff, i use it
>all the time) is not a "natural product" in that it has been chemically
>manipulated to make it
>
>it is also not a true "left handed" sugar (that would cost a fortune) but is
>sugar that has had a few molecules slightly re arranged.   this makes it
>about 200 times sweeter, so you use less..
>
>Diabetasweet (Acesulfame Potassium) is also a good baking substitute
>
>and neither of them is "Nutrasweet" otherwise known as Aspartame, which
>gives my hubby migraines, and induces asthma attacks in many of my friends.

Aruvqan, nicknamed Margali
http://www.geocities.com/aruvqann/index.html
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."  --George Orwell