[Sca-cooks] Splenda, was Pattern welding meets cooking. . .

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Thu Mar 18 08:27:57 PST 2004

just as a note..
Sucralose, sold under the trade name "Splenda" (wonderful stuff, i use it
all the time) is not a "natural product" in that it has been chemically
manipulated to make it

it is also not a true "left handed" sugar (that would cost a fortune) but is
sugar that has had a few molecules slightly re arranged.   this makes it
about 200 times sweeter, so you use less.. it is also not digested well.
it is often mixed with other "filler" and sugar alchohols, that also do not
digest well, to make up the bulk.  otherwise you couldnt measuyre it like
sugar

just a note

Diabetasweet (Acesulfame Potassium) is also a good baking substitute

and neither of them is "Nutrasweet" otherwise known as Aspartame, which
gives my hubby migraines, and induces asthma attacks in many of my friends.
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...