[Sca-cooks] Re: Lenten fasting

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 21 17:11:29 PST 2004

I have quite a bit in the holiday book I wrote, although some start dates
just don't exist, and some I just plain don't have.  It depends on what kind
of celebration it is, whether it commemorates a particular event or is tied
to the seasons or some other on-going thing.
What do you want to know about?
Christianna

While we're on the topic, does anyone know of a timeline or a history that
would show the development of the various rituals in the Catholic and
Orthodox churches? I mean, I'm sure, at the first Easter, JC didn't gather
his apostles and say, "Hey guys, since I'm going to be crucified and
resurrected in 40 days, here's what I want you to do" and lay out a Lenten
diet schedule.

Alkl of the Christian rituals came from somewhere- I'd be interested in
picking up a bit more about when and where.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS