[Sca-cooks] Thanks and anpother sugar question...

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Mar 24 06:59:24 PST 2004

> Many thanks to all of you who sent in information relevant to my sugar inquiries.  Your assitamce has been invaluable!    Now... Somehow...the moisture from the ginger root Iin the ginger flavored sugar) has leached into my sugar, turning it inot a mush, but not quite a syrup.  Does anyone have suggestions on ways to dry it back out without losing the flavor?

Lay it on a tray and expose it to the air; when it has dried, crush it in
a food processor.

Next time, you might consider getting lumps of dried ginger rather than
fresh, and crushing them with a hammer or chisel before making the ginger
sugar.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Fairy tales are not true--fairy tales are important, and they are not
true, they are more than true. Not because they tell us that dragons
exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be defeated."
G.K. Chesterton