[Sca-cooks] Pattern welding meets cooking. . .

Susan Browning daubrecicourt at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 24 15:02:48 PST 2004

A little behind the time here.  This is a interesting post, as I am not
Catholic either, but decided to practice a Black Fast for Lent this year.
Two and half weeks to go.  I am not eating a medieval diet, but am not
eating any of the forbidden products.  Basically, I gave up all animal
products, excepting fish.  From my research, it appears that the rules are
different on Sunday during Lent.  It appears that you can have eggs, and
some dairy on the feast days during Lent.  Maybe next year I will do it
again with only products that would have been available in the old world.

Eleanor d'Aubrecicourt