[Sca-cooks] Re:Eskimo Ice Cream

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 15:27:35 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/24/2004 3:37:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:

> 'll bet a mouthful of misembec that they didn't use white sugar either.
> And a plateful of cryspes says that they didn't call it ice cream.

Well, they called it something that was equivalent.  I remember reading about
it in college, in my anthropology class, because the food is important in a
couple of well-known folktales that we studied. In the folktales (translated,
of course) that I read, they called it 'Esquimo ice-cream.'  I THINK that they
used blubber and berries....
     Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com