[Sca-cooks] fruit flies/now ants

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 07:45:07 PST 2004

>These all sound great. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the small
>black ants? They seem to be too small for the grits methode and are
>driving me nuts. And we have tried everything.
>

>Elewyiss

My evil ant-brew:  simmer chili peppers in water.  Put into a spray
bottle and spray the ant-trail.  Kills some, gives little anty hot-foots
to the rest and they race out of there toot sweet.  Spray all around the
areas which are open to the outside, the sides and tops of doorways and
windows, etc.  The dried residue still makes the footing too "hot" for
the ants to cross.  Respray weekly.

Sometimes I put mustard powder and other "heat" into the brew.  I'm not
sure if it helps but it makes me feel like a proper mad alchemist.

Selene