[Sca-cooks] Menu for EK Coronation Feast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 28 22:54:15 PST 2004

  Lady Brighid ni Chiarain gave
> Feast Menu for the Coronation of
> Gaufred Kelson von Heidelberg and Geneviere d'Alsace
> April 3, A.S. XXXVIII

> Sweet Pretzels
"Sweet" pretzels? Do you actually mean jumbals? Recipe please?
> Quail Eggs in a Nest
Is this presented as a soteltie? Are you doing one nest per person? Or
one nest per table with each person getting one or two eggs? Are these
hardboiled quail eggs? What is the nest going to be made of?
> German Course
>
> Roast Beef with Two Mustards
Oh. Nice idea. Which two mustards?
> Bratwurst (pork-beef sausages)
> Chicken on the Bone
> Cheese Fritters
These have to be served hot, right? How are you managing this? I
thought I'd heard that fritters were always difficult to do at a feast
and get served hot.
> Pickled red cabbage
>
> French Course
>
> Haricot of  Lamb (lamb stew with onions and herbs)
Recipe? "Haricot"? What is this? I thought this was a type of bean or a
way of serving beans.
> Roasted Salmon with Cameline Sauce
Ohh. This sounds good.
> Sauteed spinach
> Barley groats with almond milk
> Bread
>
> Dessert Table
>
> Fruit
> Sugar Cookies
> Rissoles (fruit- and nut-filled fritters)
> Lebkuchen (honey-ginger cookies)
> Almond Jelly in Three Colors
How are you going to serve this? As a bowl to each table with the three
colors in it? I think it will be interesting to see how this jelly dish
goes over.
> Marzipan

Stefan
--------