[Sca-cooks] Sekanjabin and vinegars

Carper, Rachel rachel.carper at hp.com
Mon Mar 29 21:52:12 PST 2004

I have been looking all over for a documentable recipe for vinegar. All
the recipes I find just say "take vinegar" not how to make it.

vinegar-msg       (56K) 12/ 3/03    Vinegar in period. Making vinegar.

I made mine by starting with some vinegar mother a friend got me and I
just kept adding the tail ends of bottles of red wine to it. Everyone in
both Dun Carriag and South Downs  have been hounded by me to save their
wine ends so I can add it to my vinegar. I entered it in an undocumented
A&S and got two pieces of rock candy.

Of course Elewyiss if you have some comments about stuff in these files
or some additional how-to info or stuff you've found in your research,
please consider sending me a message or two to add to these files.

I will look them over. Of course I'm sure I'll learn more than I have to
add.

Stefan

Elewyiss
South Downs Meridies