[Sca-cooks] Recipe seeking

M. Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 30 17:47:54 PST 2004

Carper, Rachel wrote:

> For thickening sauces heavy cream is good. Also I have a bunch of people
> allergic to wheat so I use instant mashed potato's. Just a quick shake
> of the box will thicken it right up. Also some of the non wheat people
> use arrow root.

Well, Atkins or any other low carb thickener sort of precludes
arrowroot, flour, mashie flakes or any other starch.

I use not-Starch from the Atkins Catalog, which Barbera of
Expertfoods.com which are also carried by low carb stores.
http://atkins.com/

That he will probably end up liking the best, it is dietary fiber, so it
counts towards your daily fiber RDA and it will thicken a cold or hot
liquid.
--
Aruvqan, Cleric of 56 seasons
Avengers Federation, Solusek Ro