[Sca-cooks] Arms, and food applications

Edouard de Bruyerecourt bruyere at jeffnet.org
Tue Mar 30 21:54:10 PST 2004

Yeah, the SCA is a bit of an odd duck with shires and cantons being
'lordless' lands, there being no specific _and local_ nobility to hold
them like baronies, principalities, and kingdoms. I suppose by default
the King or Prince is 'lord' of the shire, along with his greater royal
title, and has all his trusted seneschals for each. One might consider
the same for a barony and canton, since the canton reports through the
barony.

A shire or canton herald would also have the right to wear a tabard of
the branch arms.

As far as serving a roast on a bed of frumente displaying the shire
arms, it might indicate the same act upon the collective members of the
shire. Or, if one assumes the above about the King being 'lord' of the
shire........

Kiri hafe wrytyn:

--
Edouard, Sire de Bruyerecourt
bruyere at jeffnet.org
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)