[Sca-cooks] Arms, and food applications

Volker Bach bachv at paganet.de
Tue Mar 30 23:25:24 PST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:54:10 -0800, Edouard de Bruyerecourt
<bruyere at jeffnet.org> wrote :

> As far as serving a roast on a bed of frumente displaying the shire
> arms, it might indicate the same act upon the collective members of the
> shire. Or, if one assumes the above about the King being 'lord' of the
> shire........

What about serving the arms as a soteltie? I found a recipe for a heraldic,
apple-puree-filled tart in a 16th century cookbook that I'm planning to
vary for a feast (using varicolored berry preserves/jams rather than
apple). Would that be construed as cookery with intent to demean?

Giano