Perceptions - was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Tonight on the Food Network - Biblical Foods

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 31 13:16:17 PST 2004

As I have mentioned, one of the things I do to earn a living  is give
out food samples. For a full year, I was sampling for the seafood
department in  grocery stores, three days a week.

Now, it's fairly common for people to be unable or unwilling to eat my
samples. Allergies, religious or ethical issues, and simple dislike -
all is fine. But the only people I have had, in the 7 years I've done
this, who were frequently actually rude were those who disliked
fish...   I simply came to take it for granted that several people a day
would make faces at me! Without apology - every so often someone offered
someone else would react, and then apologize, explaining a dislike.  But
the ones who disliked fish seemed to be proud of it! And at least one
would complain "Fish, yuck, why don't you have something good?"

I don't begin to understand it...   I mean, there are things I don't
like and so won't eat, but I don't think that's the fault of the person
offering it to me! But it isn't just SCA, by any means...

AEllin