[Sca-cooks] registering arms

Carper, Rachel rachel.carper at hp.com
Wed Mar 31 15:46:43 PST 2004

Ok, device horror stories. I tried to register my device in Atlanta. I
was told it had gone to the Heralds in Milpitas and I could make up a
small shield blank for the Barony Shield Tree. Which I did. Dropped out
of the SCA for a few years due to unemployment and various insane room
mates. Rejoined here in Miridies. Talked to local Herald to see what was
up with the device. He could find no mention of it anywhere. He called
the Atlantian kingdom herald who also had no clue. Tried to resubmit
device. That was 4 years ago. It is still in the hands of our local
herald. Apparently my device has been discussed several times on the
heralds mail list. I have an original monster. I assume that is the hold
up.

Hmmmm perhaps I should go roust the local herald about it again.

Elewyiss

Same with Alainne and Morningstar.  As a birthday gift we paid for
Alainne
to register her name and device.  That was a year ago, still not done.
She
lost her documentation, then found it and carried it around for 7 months
or
so, then passed it on to the herald who promptly misplaced it....ah, the

circle of confusion.  As for Morningstar, well, she has been just
Morningstar for so long now that she is having a hard time getting
anyone to
call her Feydja (or however it's spelled).  Of course, if she actually
*registered* a name I bet we would start using it!  And I have another
friend who decided he wanted a change in his device from the straight
bar in
the middle to a wavy one.  I have since made a personal banner for him
with
that change on it, refinished a chair for him and made a small leather
COA
for it with the change, done his device in glass with the change, etc.
Has
he yet submitted the change?  NO!  aaaaarrrrrrggghh
Olwen