[Sca-cooks] candied mint

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun May 9 22:00:17 PDT 2004

Nichola commented:
> I am already using Peaches in Sugar,  Canded Lemon Slices,  and Candied
> Mint Leaves (Very Tasty BTW).
Okay, I don't seem to have the info in the Florilegium and I think I
might like to try these sometime. So, how do you candy mint leaves? Do
you parboil them first? Just drop them in the sugar syrup? Or take a
bunch and keep dipping it into and out of the sugar syrup?

My recently planted mint isn't big enough to harvest yet, but hopefully
someday...
> I need one more and kinda want to avoid Candied Whatever....
> There are grapes of course but I am trying to avoid that one because I
> want to use them at a later date... BEG!!!
Oh, then I guess candied grapes are out... :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com