[Sca-cooks] Olwen's hat

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at freescale.com
Wed May 12 08:55:50 PDT 2004

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Baroness Mary Isabel of Heatherstone sent me this link along with her

> congratulations.  It's really great because it shows nice close-ups of

> some of Baroness Kiri's dishes, herself and Phillip, her husband!  It

> also has a couple pictures of the hat.  So, you tell me, does the

> sugarplate look like fabric?  I'll tell you what ~ those cherry and rose

> tortas look mighty pretty and yummy!  Great job Kiri!

>  <http://photoalbum.duncarraig.net/Challenge-of-the-Heart-Feast-2004> http://photoalbum.duncarraig.net/Challenge-of-the-Heart-Feast-2004

I finally got over to see this. Very nice, Olwen. It does a good job of looking like fabric except for being thicker. I think this is one of your best imitations so far. I notice that you had a bit of documentation for this project but most of it was cut off in the photo. Was this just a single page blurb? It looked like it was more on the hat than the making of the imitation hat. How about writing this up, perhaps with some in-progress photos? and submitting it to me for the Florilegium? I think this might be a good how-to example of working with sugarpaste.

I'm also looking forward to the rest of Kiri's recipes. If I remember right, we've discussed the manuscript some of these came from but not necessarily any redactions. So these redactions as part of a feast review/article might be nice or as an article of redactions from this (these?) manuscripts might be of interest to folks who don't do their own redactions.

Stefan