[Sca-cooks] Olwen's hat

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed May 12 09:05:53 PDT 2004

Dearest Stefan,
I promise I'll try to put something together for you...I' wanted to put
a little distance between Saturday and when I did this, to gain
perspective.  But you will get something soon....

Kiri

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 wrote:

><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
>
>Olwen the Odd wrote:
>

>>Baroness Mary Isabel of Heatherstone sent me this link along with her
>>

>>congratulations.  It's really great because it shows nice close-ups of
>>

>>some of Baroness Kiri's dishes, herself and Phillip, her husband!  It
>>

>>also has a couple pictures of the hat.  So, you tell me, does the
>>

>>sugarplate look like fabric?  I'll tell you what ~ those cherry and rose
>>

>>tortas look mighty pretty and yummy!  Great job Kiri!
>>

>> <http://photoalbum.duncarraig.net/Challenge-of-the-Heart-Feast-2004> http://photoalbum.duncarraig.net/Challenge-of-the-Heart-Feast-2004
>>

>I finally got over to see this. Very nice, Olwen. It does a good job of looking like fabric except for being thicker. I think this is one of your best imitations so far. I notice that you had a bit of documentation for this project but most of it was cut off in the photo. Was this just a single page blurb? It looked like it was more on the hat than the making of the imitation hat. How about writing this up, perhaps with some in-progress photos? and submitting it to me for the Florilegium? I think this might be a good how-to example of working with sugarpaste.
>

>I'm also looking forward to the rest of Kiri's recipes. If I remember right, we've discussed the manuscript some of these came from but not necessarily any redactions. So these redactions as part of a feast review/article might be nice or as an article of redactions from this (these?) manuscripts might be of interest to folks who don't do their own redactions.
>

>Stefan

Learning is a lifetime journey...growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
					-- C.E. Lawrence