[Sca-cooks] Why I'm here...was something else long title

nickiandme at att.net nickiandme at att.net
Fri May 14 12:55:23 PDT 2004

I was feeling sorry for myself for a long time, and I may have sounded a bit like m.Trabler for a while.  But, I decided that things weren't going to change unless I changed my attitude.

So, instead of complaining about not getting awards and how this or that person wasn't qualified.  I decided to refocus on what brought me into the SCA in first place.  And that was being able to talk to intelligent people about the things that were interesting to me.  Things like herbs, gardening in general, embroidery patterns, cooking recipes and methods.  And how they all had been used historically.

I still don't care about the politics much.  I just don't leave it bother me anymore because I now have a new goal - to not be a road-block or part of the problem, but instead to be a part of the solution.  This is a personal goal for both outside and inside the SCA. And I have to admit, it is kicking butt for me at my job.  I had a great performance review recently.

Kateryn
Striving for Excellence NOT perfection.