[Sca-cooks] A curious discovery...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun May 16 11:36:28 PDT 2004

I decided, for a mid-afternoon snack, to make myself some cinnamon toast.
Don't think the bread was to blame, but I was using a light rye rather than
my usual whole grain with lotsa stuff in it. We're also out of butter (went
to the store yesterday, but had car problems on the way, so didn't get
there) so instead of using butter on my toast, I used olive oil, and
sprinkled it with my usual half a packet of turbinado suge, and the usual
cinnamon. For some reason, the topping on the toast tasted like honey- I
mean, real, bees-and-hives sticky honey- cimmamon flavored, of course. Any
body have a clue why?

I think it's great- I really love the taste of honey, although I seldom use
it because of its stickiness, and now I can have honey flavoered cinnamon
toast without having to take a shower afterwards, but I'm wondering why the
flavor struck me that way.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.