[Sca-cooks] Jams and Jellies in period

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 17 23:05:39 PDT 2004

Noemi replied to me with:
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:
> You might want to look at this file in the FOOD-SWEETS section of the
> Florilegium. marmalades-msg    (60K)  5/1/02    Period marmalades and
> fruit jellies and jams
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/marmalades-msg.html
>
> Oh for Pete's sake. . .I looked through every food related section of
> the Florilgium but that one before I posted.  *grumble, grumble*
Well yes, I can understand the problem. That is why I often ask on this
list how folks might look for a particular food item. Sometimes it is
difficult to decide where to best put something, complicated by the
fact that with new information coming in, and thus new files being
created, the available files change. So I know it can be difficult when
searching for something as well.

One suggestion in this kind of situation is to use the search engine
available on the site. Right now it is only available from the top
page, but when I find the time I will move it to the index or somewhere
where it will be more visible and accessible.

I ran "marmalade" through the search engine and found 60 hits, although
some of these will be duplicates in say the text and HTML version of
the same file. Among the items I saw on just the first page was an
Elizabethan orange marmalade and a rose hip marmalade. I didn't take
the time to verify that the rose hip marmalade was a period recipe, but
you can. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas