[Sca-cooks] Re: 50's vs '70s

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sun May 2 11:43:38 PDT 2004

On 5/1/04 7:11 AM, "M. Traber" <mtraber251 at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:
>> A year's supply of Klondike Bars consisted of 12 packages
>> (actually, 12 coupons good for 1 free package each).  Since this was on
>> "Jeopardy", a show that used to give a Rice-a-Roni as a parting gift, I
>> assume the quantities would be similar.

> Margali adds:
> My aunt was on Jeopardy lo these many centuries ago, <giggle> and she
> got 52 boxes [this was in the 70s] in assorted flavors.
>
> Apparently you were to eat it for sunday dinner <evil grin>

I lost on Jeopardy in 1986 and got one case, 12 boxes. They actually sent
the case, since [unlike Klondike Bars] they would not melt in transit.  You
know the part of the show where they list all the sponsoring products in a
short burst of mini-ads?  The runners-up get all those.  Probably better
value than the actual game prize, which was incredibly cheap cruddy luggage.

Shortly after receipt, my case of Rice-A-Roni all got used as the pilaf base
on which was served a baronial luncheon dish of Chicken and other goodies.

Selene Colfox