[Sca-cooks] Hey, I've been published...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon May 3 05:57:20 PDT 2004

> Since the gentleman quotes the original from
> Charles Perry's book, couldn't it be possible
> that he came up with the same redaction by
> happenstance?  Is the redaction word for word
> the same as yours?  And if it is, could it be
> possible that he _did_ give you credit, but the
> writer cut it out? That has been known to happen.

Well, it is word for word the one I published in my feast booklet. I mean,
5 dozen eggs?
Here's the version that appeared on my website:
http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/conviviencia/stuffedeggs.html

Now, there is a possibility that he did in fact ask me, the night of the
feast, whether he could send it in... after all, after having been head
cook for the first time, I didn't know whether I was on my head or my
feet. So, the fact that I don't remember him asking, could be just
post-feast syndrome.

Given the vagaries of modern publishing, it's certainly possible that the
attribution was sent to the paper and they lost it.

However, sadly, he had my email address-- we've been corresponding about
an article he submitted for KWHS proceedings-- and he posted the notice to
his local group but not to me, or to the local group where the feast was
held :(

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Sometimes you have to do something unforgivable, just to be able to go
on living." --Christopher Hampton, "The Talking Cure"