[Sca-cooks] Devilish Derivations

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon May 3 11:19:42 PDT 2004

Ok, I'm as guilty as anyone, having posted my Alton Brown response, but I
really don't want my late-night revelation to go un-noticed.  This idea
(below) seems like an original thought to me (those are harder to come by
every day, so I don't want one to slip by if I've actually had one).
If we can judge when a new food becomes part of a
country/region/nationalities' cuisine by when recipes start to appear for
it, that seems a fairly significant help to those looking to document
certain foods that are questionable.  Does this idea hold water, or is it
full of holes?
Christianna